Electrical > Generators
Why own a generator?
Now you have it. Now you don't. From snow storms to accidents, tens of millions of Americans lose electrical power to their homes each year. No warning - just no lights, no heat, no air conditioning. No refrigerator, no sump pump, no security system. A few hours without power is a nuisance. Losing power for days, weeks or even longer can be costly and downright dangerous.
A Generac® automatic standby generator returns your home to full power within seconds, 24/7, even when you're not at home. More convenient than a portable unit, a fully automatic Generac standby generator senses an outage and begins to produce power immediately. There are no extension cords to plug in, gas tanks to fill, or switches to flip. A Generac generator delivers the power you need, the security and peace of mind you want.
When it comes to protecting your family — and your property — from power outages, you want nothing less than the best. That's why 4 out of 5 homeowners turn to Generac when purchasing an automatic home standby generator for their homes.
Generac didn't get to be number one by being like everyone else. Power generation is their only business — and has been for nearly half a century.Their products provide the highest quality, the best reliability, the most advanced features and the best value in the industry.
While some companies just assemble product, they design and manufacture their own air-cooled engines, alternators, enclosures, control systems, transfer switches and communication software. With Generac, you get a fully integrated standby power system in which every component is perfectly matched.
They control every aspect of the manufacturing process and production test every unit to ensure the highest quality and complete customer satisfaction. High volume production, along with advanced manufacturing technologies and processes, allows them to keep costs under control and to pass the savings along to you in the form of the lowest prices in the industry.
That's why Generac sells more automatic home standby power systems than all other manufacturers combined. With so much at stake, don't settle for less than the best.
How it Works
Generac Standby Generators are completely automatic, helping to ensure that your home or business remain safe from the negative and potentially harmful effects of power loss.
1. The Generac system automatically and continuously monitors incoming power from the utility line.
2. When utility power is interrupted, the control system in the generator automatically senses the loss of power and signals the generator to start.
3. The automatic transfer switch safely closes off the utility line and simultaneously opens a new power line from the generator.
4. Your Generac generator supplies electricity to your main distribution panel through an automatic transfer switch. You can elect to back up selected emergency circuits or your entire electrical service.
5. When utility line voltage returns, the system transfers the electrical load back to the utility line. The generator continues to run for an engine cool-down period of several minutes and the entire system stands ready for the next power outage.
To ensure the system is always ready when you need it, your generator will run a 10-12 minute self-test cycle every week.